Ham & Egg Cups- A healthier alternative to the traditional Breakfast Roll
Who doesn’t love a good breakfast roll… especially when you have been out the night before! It really soaks up the alcohol and sets you up nicely for the day ahead. However, a lot of the ingredients, (sausages, rashers, black and white pudding, hash browns) are high in fat and calories. So why not try a healthier alternative that will still satisfy your needs while not causing too much damage. These ham and egg cups with stir fried veggies will be at least a third of the calories but will still keep you fully satisfied.
Makes 12 Ham Cups- Serves 6
- 12 Slices of Ham
- 12 Eggs
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- ½ Head of Broccoli, cut in small florets
- 2 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 Leeks, diced
- Olive Oil
- Pinch of cumin
- Bread to serve
*This recipe is dairy free. If you are gluten free, purchase gluten free bread.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Spray your muffin tins with some olive oil.
- Place a piece of ham in each muffin tray and press down so they take on the shape of the tray. Crack one egg in on top of the ham and season each one with salt and pepper. Place in the oven carefully and cook for 15-20 minutes until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, chop your veggies.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Once hot, add your veggies and cumin to the pan and saute for approximately 10 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve with the ham and egg cups.
*Delivery pack available shortly. You can find the ingredients here