Banana Pancakes with Berries
I never really think to have pancakes for breakfast, unless I am inspired after Pancake Tuesday, but lately I have started craving them more and more. They are so versatile and quick to make. These healthy pancakes are loaded with nutritious ingredients but will also satisfy any of you with a sweet tooth! I like to top mine with some maple syrup and fresh berries, but you can change it up if you want different toppings: keep it simple with some lemon juice and sugar or if you want a more savoury breakfast, top with rashers, wilted spinach and tomato chutney!
- 2 Bananas, extra ripe
- 4 Eggs
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- 4 Tbsp Ground Almonds
- Handful of Berries of your choice
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
*This recipe is gluten and dairy free and suitable for vegetarians.
- In a blender or food processor, add the bananas, eggs, baking soda and ground almonds. Whizz until fully blended.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and spray with some olive oil. When it is hot, spoon about 2 Tbsp of the batter on to the pan and cook for 2 minutes on one side, then flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Repeat step 2, making pancakes until all the batter is used.
- Top with fresh berries and maple syrup and enjoy!