Bacon & Tomato Omelette Muffins
These tasty baked egg muffins are packed with protein and are the perfect light breakfast. They are delicious fresh out of the oven, but if you make too many- you can store them in the fridge and they will be good for up to two days. Simply reheat them in the microwave for 45 seconds. I like to top mine with a little hot sauce for an added kick! If you are eating a vegetarian diet, simply swap the bacon for more veggies or some black beans
Makes 9 Muffins
- Olive Oil Spray or Butter
- 4 Large Eggs
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- 3 Slices of Bacon
- 60g or handful of Grated Cheddar or Swiss Cheese
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 2 Scallions, finely chopped
- Handful of Spinach, finely chopped
*This recipe is gluten free. To make it dairy free, simply omit the cheese and add more veggies!
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Lightly spray the muffin tins with olive oil spray or grease them with butter.
- Cook the bacon. Once cooked, set aside to cool slightly before chopping into bite-sized pieces.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with salt and pepper until well combined.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin cups so they are evenly distributed and carefully place the pan in the oven. Tip: Place muffin tray on a baking sheet to avoid spillage before pouring in the egg mix.
- Bake until the eggs have set, approximately 15-18 minutes.