French Toast with Bacon-
Ciara Altman –
French toast to me screams that the weekend has arrived! It is such a delicious brekkie and may seem a little fancy, but making it yourself couldn’t be easier! If you want your french toast to be a bit more indulgent, make it with brioche! But it will still work excellently with regular white bread (or if you’re being extra good, whole wheat). You can top your french toast with any toppings of course, but I like to top mine with bacon, strawberries, maple syrup and a dollop of Greek yogurt.
- 4 Slices of Brioche or slightly stale white bread
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 100ml Milk
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Slices of Bacon, cooked
- Handful of Strawberries
- Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Greek Yogurt
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla in a shallow bowl.
- Heat a frying pan over medium high heat and melt the butter.
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture, coating both sides. Place in the pan and repeat with all of the bread.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden in colour. Remove from the pan and slice.
- Transfer to serving plates and top with bacon, strawberries, maple syrup and Greek yogurt! Enjoy!