Apple and Cinnamon Breakfast Muffins
I love these breakfast muffins as they are so quick and easy to make and are super tasty! Apple and cinnamon work really well together and have that lovely warming effect we all need during these Winter months! These muffins are a delicious grab and go breakfast option, especially when you are rushing out the door on a cold morning! You can make these ahead and store them in your fridge and they will freeze really easily too (just take out of the freezer the night before so it is defrosted by the morning!). I like to use Granny Smith apples in this recipe but feel free to use your own favourite kind!
- ¾ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 2 Apples, cored and finely diced
- ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 ½ Cup Self Raising Flour
- ½ Cup Plain Flour
- ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 3 Tsp Castor Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a muffin tin with cases.
- Mix the brown sugar, egg, milk, oil and apples together in a large mixing bowl. Sift in the flours, baking powder and 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tray and bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Combine the sugar and remaining cinnamon and sprinkle on top of the muffins when they are out of the oven and still warm. Enjoy!